Monday 14 July 2014

Two weeks!

Day 14.

Wow! Two weeks today! I wish I could say that I was feeling wonderful. But I'm not really. I had a bad headache yesterday that just wouldn't go away. It was still there when I went to bed last night despite taking panadeine and nurofen +. It was with me throughout the night, and still there with a vengeance when I woke up this morning.  And I felt SO tired!! I got up and got DS ready for school and dropped him off. Then I came home, took more painkillers and went back to bed. Thank God when I woke up an hour or so later it was gone. So why do I feel so tired? I thought by now I would be feeling on top of the moon. Would have lost some weight and look 10 years younger! After all, it's been 2 weeks! But I guess it takes time. You can't undo years and years of damage in 2 short weeks. So, I will try and go to bed earlier and see if that helps. And I'm not going to complain because I'm on day 14 and that's a really fantastic thing!

We had a great weekend. On Saturday I took DS to a Lego expo run by a place called Inside the Brick and it was brilliant! We met some friends from school there and had a great time. Then we all went to lunch which was lovely. No one had any alcohol so it wasn't strange me not having any either. In the past I probably would have had a glass or two of wine, then carried on into the night.

Saturday night we went out for dinner. Now, EVERY time we go out for dinner I have several glasses of wine -  we either order a bottle to share (which I have more of because DH is driving) or he'll order beer and I'll order wine by the glass. So it was a new experience to go out and not have any. I just had diet coke whilst DH had a beer. I have to admit it wasn't quite the same. Not as fun somehow. But it's only because it's new I guess. I still feel a little of the 'it's not fair, why can't I drink like everyone else' blues. But at no time did I consider having any wine. And maybe I was feeling a bit flat because I'm still so tired. I don't know. After dinner I ducked into the pokies and put in $10 and won $280!!!! That NEVER happens to me! And as I was sitting there I thought to myself 'I'd better not do this again. I don't want to transfer from one addiction to another'! Still, it was nice to have a win. I'm going to use the money to get my hair cut and coloured, I haven't had it done since October last year!

Had a quiet day yesterday. Took DS to the library and got him some more books. He is loving his reading now which is fantastic! At night, before going to sleep he will read a chapter or two all on his own. I'm rapt because I've always loved reading whereas DH is not a reader. And it's made such a difference at school too, his teacher has really noticed the difference which is great.

First day back at school today. I had visions of being really productive and giving the house a good clean. Having all this time in the morning now is wonderful. Except not this morning with this stupid headache! I'm hoping the rest of the week will be better. I'm back to work tomorrow afternoon. Hope I have a better sleep tonight. I'm also hoping that work will be easier. I usually wake up tired as hell and have to have a sleep before work otherwise I'd be a wreck all day.  And I'd really struggle when it's busy, which it is all the time these days. So, looking forward to not feeling like this when I'm back tomorrow after 2 and a bit weeks off.

Usually the school holidays fly. But this time I've been alcohol free and I feel like I've had a good break. Not spending mornings feeling hungover and tired and napping really makes a difference. And DS has really benefited as well, spending more quality time with me. It's a win win situation!

Anyway, better go and get productive. I've wasted the morning but there are still a few hours before I have to pick DS up from school. Headache seems to have gone, hope it doesn't come back!

Happy 2 weeks to me!

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment