Saturday 5 July 2014

Dry July day 5

So, day 5. That means 4 whole days without alcohol and onto my 5th! Yay me!! What's the big deal you may ask? Well, it's been a long time since I went 4 days without alcohol. And it probably would have been a long time before I went another 4 days alcohol free if I hadn't signed up to Dry July.

I've been wanting to cut down on my alcohol intake for a while now. Some time towards the end of last year I stumbled across sober blogs (thanks google and Mrs D!) and discovered a whole new world it seems.

So, I thought I'd start my own blog. Hopefully it will help keep me on track and booze free. For the remainder of July and hopefully beyond. It's funny, I haven't successfully been able to stop drinking alcohol, wine in particular, forever it seems... but something has been been building up and somehow I managed to sign up to Dry July, and here I am - on day 5.

It's Saturday today. So it will be interesting to see how the weekend unfolds. No cravings so far (although I did open the pantry this morning and see an unopened bottle of Bailey's in there and fleetingly thought "why didn't we open and drink this before?!" Oh well... hubby can enjoy it!

I've never written a blog before so it will be interesting to see how this turns out...

Happy Dry July Day 5.

Just want to add that I changed my blog title.  Dry July has been my saviour so far, but it about more than that. Something DID have to give and it is about time that it did.

I also wanted to add, I have been following reading heaps of blogs but have no idea how to follow them! Hopefully, as time goes on I will become more familiar with the blogging world.

A x


1 comment: