Wednesday 9 July 2014

Feeling a bit blah

Day 9.

I've changed my blog title yet again! I realised that I had left out a letter in my blog address and when I fixed it I saw that the title was already taken. So I've spent AGES coming up with a new one and couldn't think of anything inspiring hence this not very original new title. But I am over it so it's here to stay. For now anyway! Also, I have spent all morning mucking around with my layout trying to put a description in the 'About me' but just can't figure it out. Why am I so hopeless with all things computer related?!

Anyway, moving on.... I am feeling a bit blah today. I am rapt that I'm up to day 9 but I woke up tired again and a bit cranky and just wondering when I'm going to feel all fresh and motivated. I should be feeling on top of the world right now! But I'm going to try not to let it get to me. It's much better than being hungover and living with shame and regret about the wines consumed the night before. It's better than being exhausted from thinking about whether to drink or not and then losing the battle and having the cycle start all over again.

So far I've raised $141.00 for Cancer by doing Dry July. That's something to feel good about! I have to remember that this isn't just about me. It's also for a good cause and I should be feeling happy about that.

A x

2 comments:

  1. I am on day 9 as well. I am 45 years old and have a 10 year old boy that I am crazy about. I also was drinking way too much wine (and beer and vodka…). It seems we have a bit in common. I will be following your blog. Do you plan to stay dry past July?
    Hugs,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traci, thank you so much for your comment. Yes, I am hoping to stay dry past July. I've been thinking of signing up for Hello Sunday Morning (3 months AF - a program here in Austalia) or Belle's 100 day challenge (Tired of Thiniking about Drinking). I'm now sure how I'll feel after the 31 days but I'm hoping to feel just as determined as I so now. It does seem as though we have a bit in common. Well done on day 9 as well. A x

    ReplyDelete