Sunday 6 July 2014

Happy Sunday

Day 6 today.

Normally I work on Sunday afternoons but am on annual leave at the moment. Yay! I was up at 7.30 this morning with my 7 year old. Normally my husband gets up on Sundays and lets me have a sleep in which is lovely (and quite necessary after a Saturday evening spent drinking a whole bottle of chardonnay and sometimes a bit more. Actually, the bit more was becoming more frequent and boy was I feeling it!) So, to be up this early on a Sunday is a new experience for me! I was tired but what a difference not being hungover made! Had some breakfast, spent some time on the computer and even made a cake! All before midday! I think Master 7 was a bit confused with this, especially when I said told him I was getting up and making him breakfast!

I have always thought I wasn't a morning person. But maybe it's just that consuming a bottle of wine the night before isn't conducive to early morning rises. I have actually suspected this for a long time, but didn't really want to have to deal with it. Maybe thinks will change now? It is a nice feeling to be up and about without feeling like crap.

I survived Saturday night without wine quite well. Not a struggle at all really. I know it's early days but I'm making the most of it! I'm sure the cravings will come fast and strong at some point, but until then I'm going to enjoy this feeling of being in control.

A x


No comments:

Post a Comment