Wednesday 16 July 2014

Day 16

Day 16.

It was strange coming home from work last night and not having a drink. I'm so used to coming home and having a glass (or 4!) of wine to help me 'relax' after a stressful day at work. So I got home last night and thought 'what now?' But I didn't drink, well not wine anyway. I got my water bottle and watched Masterchef that I'd taped and still managed to relax. In fact, this is probably what proper relaxing is really like. I went to bed a bit later than I'd like but it's impossible to go straight to bed after work (for me anyway) So, still tired today but not hungover. Hurray! Love that feeling of getting out of bed in the morning and knowing that you aren't going to feel crap from having too much wine the night before.

I visited a lovely girl I used to work with today. She had her first baby 7 weeks ago and he is just gorgeous! It takes me back to 7 and a half years ago when my son was just a baby. Why does time have to go so fast?! Would it have gone slower if I hadn't been drinking all that wine every evening and wasting half the days feeling tired and sluggish and not living life to the fullest? Probably. And I'll never get that time back, that's the really sad thing. I have so many regrets about my past. I'm not sure if I'll ever come to terms with that. I have a feeling that I have a lot of soul searching to do. But I'm just not ready to do that yet. Maybe a bit down the track....

My mum is coming to stay with us for a few days, so I'm not sure if I'll get to blog while she is here. She knows I'm doing Dry July and she is really glad I am, but I'm not sure if I want her knowing about my blog.

A x


6 comments:

  1. I love how you wrote " a glass (or 4)". That is so much like me but as I have posted in my blog I ended up ditching the glasses and just drinking out of the bottle! How very disgusting! Kids grow up so fast and I still remember when all mine were babies. Oh the years I have wasted drinking away quality time with them. Enjoy your mum staying. My mum is reading my blog and think it is helping her understand where I have been to and where I intend going - sobriety. Hope it is not too cold for you - It is bloody freezing and we have had rain, rain and more rain. Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't resorted to drinking out of the bottle but I did put some in a plastic drink bottle once so mum couldn't see that I was drinking wine! Mum knows I'm off the grog for Dry July but that's all for now. I'm not ready to tell her more yet. It's great your mum is supporting you Cherie, Axx

      Delete
  2. I hope you are doing well and on day 20?? I know you said your Mom is visiting, but I wanted to check in with you :),
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci. Day 21 today. Haven't had a chance to blog with mum staying. Might try and blog tomorrow, I miss it. You must be on day 21 too? How are you going? Axx

      Delete
    2. Just realised that it's after midnight so officially it's day 22! I'm off to bed soon. xx

      Delete
    3. Day 22! Yay for that.

      Delete