Thursday 5 May 2016

A quiet day

Having a quiet day today. It's lovely!

We went out to dinner last night with my friend C and her hubby D. As usual they had a few drinks, and ended up having an argument right in front of us! It was funny (well, not really!) I could see that it was the alcohol talking. I know they wouldn't have been arguing if they hadn't been drinking. So glad that is not me anymore!

I slept better last night. No pounding head or racing heart (thank God!). But I did go to bed later so I am still tired. My reasoning for that was so I would be extra tired therefore I would fall asleep quicker. It worked, but it's not ideal. I just wish I could go to bed at a reasonable hour and sleep the whole night through!

I bought a couple of new books recently. 'This Naked Mind' by Annie Grace arrived first, then' Get Sober Get Free' by Veronica Valli. Oh how I love getting parcels in the mail, especially lovely new books! Then, the other day another parcel arrived and I had no idea what it was. It turned out to be another book, this one called 'A sober mom's guide to recovery' by Rosemary O'Connor. I had completely forgotten I ordered it! So a lovely surprise!. I'm still reading Lucy Rocca's book so when I finish that I will read one of my new ones. Am so excited!

Have a great day everyone.

A x

PS I know you probably aren't reading this Anne, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your family. It must be a terrifying ordeal to go through and I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. A xx


8 comments:

  1. I'm sending a prayer to Anne, too!
    And big hug to you!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got in a quiet day. Sleep is a bugger for me too. I love getting books in the mail too! I have around 5 sober books waiting to be read. Report on how you like the new ones if you can! Thinking about Anne too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ripley, I will. I'm still not sure which one to read first!! A x

      Delete
  3. Another book that I just bought is called "straight pepper diet." I saw it in the bgb site and everyone who read it loved it! I also like some fiction drinking books. I especially liked "best kept secret" by Amy Hatvany. Reading books is helping me get the early sobriety! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Best Kept Secret, I lived it!! Do you know of any other fictional sober books? A x

      Delete
  4. I think I need to get back into some sober fiction. I will buy the Hatvany book. Angie, I read your blog last night. Back from Nov forward and then went further back. While you didn't blog between Aug and Nov while you were drinking, it hit home about how someone can go so long AF and still end up right back where they were. Depressing to read in a way but reality and really hit home for me. I'm glad I read it. I needed to. We never know who are blogging might impact. This was good for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy isn't it?! I was so happy not drinking for 102 days and yet I still went back. I'm in a much better place this time so hopefully this is it for me. You have to be vigilant and really work at it, otherwise it's not going to work. Keep going, it is so worth it. A x

      Delete