Saturday 17 January 2015

Two weeks

Day 14 today. I'm feeling pretty good. No desire to drink so far. I even forgot what day I was up to yesterday. Is that a good thing? I haven't been putting any work into it though. I've been reading sober blogs but that's all. I haven't been logging onto to the Living Sober website or trying to better myself, despite how I feel about myself and expressed in my last post. I need to start working on that. It's just that at the moment I feel ok with not drinking and that feels enough. My son is home on school holidays and it's easier to just 'be'. To concentrate on him and not myself. I guess I will see how I feel in the next week or so.

Yesterday we went to an adventure park with tree climbing and tube slides, it was great fun. On the way home my friend said to me 'a cold glass of champagne or chardonnay sounds good. What do you feel like?' I just evaded the question. Either sounded pretty good to me but I just thought to myself 'I'm not drinking now so I won't be having either'. I didn't tell her I wasn't drinking (and why did I almost type 'at the moment'?!)  I will have to tell her at some stage as we are likely to go out to dinner before the boys go back to school and she and her husband like a drink.

There's not much point to this post I guess. I just wanted to acknowledge that I'm 2 weeks AF and that I feel good about it. I'm sure this will change at some stage, but for now, I'm going to enjoy not feeling bad or depressed or flat. I am just going to enjoy not having the obsession of drinking or not drinking taking over my every waking moment.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment