Sunday 26 June 2016

Two weeks annual but not without drama!

I worked this afternoon and now I have two weeks annual leave! I am so excited!!

We are going up to mums in the country for most of the two weeks which we've never done before. Usually we have a week or 8 days, but never this long. It's going to be great!

We are going to surprise mum and 2 of my brothers and their kids who arrived up there today. They think we were coming up in the 2nd week and therefore will miss seeing them. They will be so happy too! And we are surprising the little guy too! He thinks we are going to my in laws beach house an hour and a half away. I wonder how long it will take him to realise we are driving a different way?!

So exciting times ahead!

It's a shame there are a few things that are not going great though.

First of all, I have been feeling down and anxious for a while now. I saw my doctor last week and he organised a care plan for me to see a therapist. I get 6-10 visits, which I am very happy about. I've been wanting to see someone for a long time now, and I'm so glad I finally had the courage to see someone about it.  He also gave me a prescription for anti-depressants. I am very nervous about taking them. After much consideration, I have decided to start taking them on Monday. I will let you know how they go (although apparently it takes a few weeks for them to work)

Secondly, the little guy has a urine infection and has been in tears. He is getting up every hour overnight to go to the toilet and a hundred time during the day. We can't see a doctor until tomorrow to get a prescription for antibiotics. It's going to be another long night. It breaks my heart to see him in pain.

Thirdly, the little guy told me tonight when I got home from work that Mr A has been yelling and swearing about not having any time to himself,  about no one doing anything for him and a bunch of other stuff. I am scared to bring it up with him, because I don't want him yelling at me (not that he does very often)  And I don't want to get the little guy in trouble for telling me. So what do I do?

Also, I know tomorrow is going to start off really bad. We all have to pack and for some reason, this makes both me and Mr A really anxious  and on edge, so there is bound to be an argument. All will be resolved once we hit the road, but I will hang on to the resentment and it will make me even more anxious.

But once we get there, all should be well and it will be great to see the surprise on everyone's face when we arrive!

Hopefully we will have a relaxing couple of weeks in the country side. I am so grateful to be sober so I can really relish the special times we have there.

I might not be on the blogs that much over the coming 2 weeks but I will try and keep up with you all and comment when I can.

It is now 12.30am , so I should go to bed. I'm off to get hot packs because it is 3.9 degrees celcius!! And it's going to be even colder where we are going because it is up in the mountains!!

I'll keep in touch.

A x

9 comments:

  1. I feel for your little guy :-(. It's so hard when our babies are sick. You are taking care of so many right now. Yourself: and you're doing so well here launching not only a journey with a therapist but trying medication too. Your son: waking up to help him every hour. Your husband: who needs a delicate touch to get to the bottom of his concerns. And you are layering on a vacation adventure as well. That's a lot. Take good care of yourself while you are away. You have a lot on your plate and you're doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie. I feel for you here. Sounds like everyone is overwhelmed. I hope the break does you good, and I hope the antidepressants and therapy help out in the longer term. Also, as I didn't get to comment on your last post, congrats on being sober for 7 months! It sounds like you're doing all the right stuff, and I feel sure that will help you in these day-to-day struggles. Sending you a big hug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie,
    You do have a lot on your plate.
    Hopefully, your little guy will heal fast, and your vacation will be relaxing.
    Therapy helped me. Anti-depressants helped me, but not all of them.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie, it sounds like you have a full plate but I hope once you are settled life becomes a bit easier. Good luck with both the therapy and antidepressants. As I mentioned before I work in mental health so am all for therapy and antidepressants if needed. Be aware that the first few days of antidepressants can make you feel all kinds of things but normally spacey or nauseaus both DO pass so stick with it and yes you will need several weeks to feel the full impact but may even notice a change after a week. Enjoy your break and I hope the little fella gets better soon and the big fella calms down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your annual leave. I hope the therapy and medication have you feeling better soon. Enjoy your time with family, sounds great. PDTG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs.
    Honest response...tell your husband very kindly.
    Ask him if everything is ok...that your son was worried he was upset.
    It is so hard to find open communication, but craig and I have found that has been the key to making our lives better.
    We both try hard not to accuse or blame....it's so easy to fall back into that.

    I hope the visit is awesome. Maybe your husband just needs a day or two on his own? Life is so tiring sometimes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. As someone who battled urine infections for years, I found it good to keep those pain pills on hand. They just help with the urine pain (and make it orange) but control it until the antibiotics kick in. I never felt strange with other side effects. I know stress made mine act up so if your little guy is stressed too, that can also be an issue. I hope he feels better soon but the little purple pills, listed as Pyridium here, over the counter Uristat, were a life saver for me on more than one occasion. Once you are prone to them, they can come back frequently but I hope that isn't the case with him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the visit will go well. Two weeks! And Angie, 7 months sober. You rock!
    We usually get anxious a couple days before a vacation. But as soon as we get to our destination, we relax. Everything will be great. You'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I am back and blogging and trying to quit again. Here is my new/old site: https://timeandbottleblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete