Wednesday 1 October 2014

Day 1... yet again

So, day 1... again.  It's been a while between posts. Too long probably. Maybe if I'd blogged more often I wouldn't have fallen off the wagon. I made it to 31 days last time then just stopped. I could go on and on about how difficult things had been and how stressed I was with mum having her operation and then staying with us for 2 weeks, and whilst it would be true, it would be no excuse. I just decided that I wanted to drink. After all the recent stress I deserved it. This is a warped way of thinking I know. Pouring booze down my throat is hardly a reward. But 31 days was pretty good I thought. I just have to work harder and not get complacent again.

I am currently in the country at mums. She's recovered pretty well from her surgery and we will be leaving for home in a couple of days. I'm hoping things will get back to normal then and I can get back into my own routine and blog on a regular basis. I love listening to the Bubble Hour but I haven't been able to do that here, so I'm looking forward to that. I've started reading Jason Vale again and have also bought Allen Carr's book. So I'm hoping they will help. I need to start taking care of myself now. I need to be a bit selfish I think and concentrate on my own health for a while.

So, another new start. I will try and post again tomorrow.

A x

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back.
    A fresh start is always exciting!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. It feels really good to be back. I'm hoping I can make it last this time. How are you going?

      Delete
  2. I'm good. I reached 10 months yesterday. I've started a blog because I comment so much. Lol.
    My husband reached 9 months. Our life has changed for the better in so many ways. I honestly didn't realize just how badly alcohol was I acting us. Things looked so good. Turns out they weren't.

    ReplyDelete